President Watana called our Meeting to order.
There were no guests present.
The September Minutes were approved as posted on the Blog.
The October Treasurer's Report was approved as read.
Project Director's Report:
- 2 Charity Quilts are ready for binding; Thank You to Watana for Quilting
Opportunity Quilt - Mary Ann:
- The Opportunity Quilt Pieces are still being cut
- We will work on the Quilt at the December 1 Workshop (maybe November 3 also) - there are pieced curves, so we need to work together
- We will start selling opportunities for this Quilt during the April 2013 Pilgrimage
- Pilgrimage is target date for completing the top
- This Quilt would look better hand quilted, so we can work on it during Pilgrimage
Nominating Committee - JoAnne, Chair:
- A Thank You to our Nominating Committee of JoAnne, Victoria, and Ebbe for a great slate of new officers
- There were no floor nominations
- The proposed slate of officers was accepted
- President: Terry
- Vice President: Patti
- Secretary: Diane
- Treasurer: Tonya
- Congratulations to our Officers for Next Year
Show & Tell:
Tonya visited Julia's Sister' Blog and won a Quilting Book written by Julia's Sister
- We will reimburse Linda for any expenses and ask Starkville Guild to do the same
- $8 for pattern
- Pre-Work Activities need to be clarified, so don't cut yet
- We have 25 of the 37 Class Slots
- Carla, Bobbi, and Lauren will provide the lunch on Friday in Columbus; please bring $5 to cover the cost and your own drink (unless you want water)
- Saturday Lunch will be ordered
- Christmas Pieces including Tree Skirt and Napkins
- Community Room of the Health Department in Vernon
- 3 Hour Drive
- Registrations are due today
- Proceeds will benefit Alzheimer Research
- Max Size is 9" x 12"
- On-Line Auction 1st 10 Days of Each Month
Watana, with assistance from Carla, demo'd a Fast & Easy Block that has only ONE Seam
The Block is 4 1/2" wide and 8 1/2" Long
She will put the instructions on her blog
There are several ways to arrange the finished blocks