- Unknown when the basement will be repaired and available for use.
- Julia offered her home for the August 22 Sit & Sew (updated after meeting). We will begin at 9am. Julia will provide Pizza. We ask that each attendee bring a salad or dessert and your own drink. Car Pool will leave Lowe's promptly at 8:30am.
- Should the basement not be available for the November 14 Susan Cleveland Class, class will be held at Rita's church (updated after meeting).
- A lengthy discussion was held regarding options for a long-term solution, including where we can permanently store our quilts, fabrics, and accessories. If you know of a viable option, please contact any officer.
- Her slogan will be Celebrate, Integrate, and Create (CIC).
- We will Celebrate 25 Years of MQA during her reign.
- She will propose to the Board a display of 25" x 25" Quilts at the 2016 Gatherings. Quilt Theme is "Celebrate".
- 2016 Gatherings will be held in Oxford, Jackson, and Columbus.
Gwen, Julia, & CC: Challenge House Blocks
Linda B: Christmas Sampler, with applique and buttons.
Linda B: Claudeen Hanson Class "Batik Scrappy Stars"
Sherry, Judy, Carol, & Linda B: Pat Sloan Class Backgrounds
Annette: String Quilt Top
Judy: University of Southern Alabama (USA) Quilt for her Granddaughter.
Colors are Red, White, and Blue. Ready for sandwiching and assembly.
Her Granddaughter moves in next weekend.
Judy: USA Quilt Back
Karen: Doll Bed Quilt from Fabric Samples
Karen: "Birds" for a Gallery in Kansas
Karen: Charity Sew Together of Leftover Fabrics
Karen: Orphan Block Quilt Top. Orphans Blocks are from an Orphan Block Raffle held at a Retreat 15 years ago.There are enough Blocks remaining for 3 More Quilts! And Karen thought
she was getting rid of her Orphan Blocks.
Tonya: Son's Art Pack for School
Tonya: Daughter's Art Pack for School
Tonya: Niece and Nephew Art Packs for School
Tonya: Blocks of the Month
Tonya: Test for Naomi's College Quilt Design. Will be a Christmas Gift.
Tonya: The Winning "Row By Row".
Titled "Journey of Family and
Friends", as her family and friends helped to obtain the patterns.
From Top to Bottom, the Rows are from:
Fabric Dock - Wiggins. MS
Sewing Center - Sevierville, TN
Quilt Sampler Creative Sewing Center - Tulsa, OK Figgs Fabric & Studio - Columbus, MS
Ellen Medlock Studio - Tulsa, OK
Pacific Fabrics - Seattle, WA
Quilting by the Bay - Panama, FL
Brenda E: Moda Moxi Courtyard Design Quilt Top and Pillowcases.
Back made with help from a friend.
Julia: Holloway's Contest "A Glimpse Through the Lattice - Roses". Holloway Customers and Staff vote for the winner.
Gwen: Pine Cone Christmas Ornaments (no picture)