November 17, 2012
No Guests were present today.
October Minutes were accepted as posted on the web page.
Treasurer's Report was accepted as read.
Linda gave the Project Director's Report.
After the meeting, inventory of projects was taken:
- 4 Complete
- 2 ready for binding
- 1 being machine quilted
- 2 being hand quilted
- 2 Lap Size Tops completed
- 1 top in-process
Judy reported we gave a 10 Minute Block Quilt at the Habitat Dedication last month. The next house is scheduled for completion in February. It is for an older couple.
Judy also asked if we would be willing to donate a quilt to the Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort. We voted YES. Bonnie Hunter's site has a link. Lauren will package and ship the quilt for us. The Guild will pay any shipping fees incurred.
Mary Ann reported we are scheduled for a December 1st workshop to work on the Opportunity Quilt.
The Wanna Bee's meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 12:30 at the National Guard Armory in Vernon, AL. Please see Watana for details.
Julia will have a quilt displayed in Paducah this coming year. This will be her 9th year. Congratulations Julia!
Show & Tell -
- December 8; 11am at Elm Lake Golf Course Clubhouse
- Directions at www.elmlakegolfcourse.com ; 1609 Taylor - Thurston Road
- Room in back of Clubhouse
- Call Patti if you would like to help decorate
- Columbus people can meet at Lowe's, leaving at 10:30
- Bring your Dirty Santa ($15.00) and a homemade gift item for another game
- Finger Food
- Patti will be reimbursed for plates, silverware, etc from Chef on a Shoestring Budget
- Patchwork Christmas
- Ornaments are here
- Open House December 6 at 4 - 6pm
- Decorate Tree anytime from November 19 - 30
- Lawana and Brenda will coordinate
- Tree must be undecorated January 3 - 7
- Bobbi and Brenda will coordinate